About Timeshare Resale Vacation Ownership
Timesharing is a concept whereby you can prepay your future vacations as a result of purchasing an interest in real estate in a certain location. Today, more than five million households own vacation intervals at nearly 5,000 resorts located in 110 countries.
The reasons for purchasing most frequently cited by current timeshare owners is the quality of the accommodations and service at the resorts at which they own and exchange, followed by the flexibility offered through the vacation exchange opportunities and the cost effectiveness of vacation ownership in a deeded vacation timeshare condo that exchanges to resorts virtually anywhere in the world.
The key benefits of purchasing a timeshare are:
1) You can vacation at your home resort or exchange through companies like Resort Condominiums International (R.C.I.) and Interval International (I.I.). There are 5,000 resorts in 90 countries. R.C.I. has an annual membership fee of $84.00, and a fee of $129.00 for domestic exchanges and $167.00 for international exchanges. Interval International has an annual membership fee of $79.00 and a fee of $121.00 for domestic exchanges and $149.00 for international exchanges.
2) There are nearly 4.5 million timeshare owners worldwide. Timesharing has been the fastest growing segment of the travel industry for the past 7 years.
3) The largest companies in the resort industry (Marriott, Disney, Hyatt, Four Seasons, Hilton and Starwood) are now selling timeshare vacation ownership.
4) Strong consumer legislation now governs the timeshare industry in all 50 states.
5) As opposed to being a hotel room renter, enjoy the status and fine treatment as a condo owner. Condos are spacious, have kitchens and private bedrooms. You can sleep up to 10 persons, which provides a perfect family setting.
6) You can save $100 per day because condos have kitchens. A family can easily save $100 a day by not dining in expensive restaurants for every meal.
7) Owners can sell their timeshare whenever they want. Hotels obviously give NONE of your rent money back.
8) Deeded timeshare owners can will their timeshare to their loved ones.
9) One of the most appreciated gifts you can give is that of a week at a luxurious resort. This is actually one of the biggest joys of timeshare ownership. It's a great feeling to say to a loved one, "I've booked a week in a nice resort for you-go enjoy it!"
Links and Timeshare Resources
Timeshare rentals and resales:
© Copyright 2006Timeshare Locators All rights reserved